Water Purification and Treatment System
INTRODUCTION: The world needs more efficient, less expensive and dependable methods to treat our potable and waste water. We now have the technology which can address these water treatment problems, without the use of any chemicals.
ELECTROCOAGULATION: Logical and environmentally sound alternative to chemical water treatment.
Electrocoagulation is not new. In fact, initial patents were filed on a rather rudimentary system as early as 1906. What is new, however, is the quantum leap this technology has taken under the direction of IET, Inc. The technology has been refined to dramatically improve performance while, at the same time, lowering both capital and operating costs.
Electrocoagulation (EC) is based on the principle of introducing an electrical current to induce a chemical reaction in water. This reaction causes the destabilization of most suspended particles, bacteria, viruses and cysts, dissolved materials, metals, most hydrocarbons and many organics. Once destabilized, positively charged ions react with negatively charged particles in the water resulting in floc precipitates that approach a highly stable state. Because the floc created is highly stable it can then be easily separated from the water by a number of conventional secondary separation techniques.
IET’s unique Electrocoagulation (EC) Process
IET has developed and refined the EC technology to a point where the capital and the operating costs are a fraction of other water treatment / purification strategies.
This makes IET’s EC system the most cost-effective solution for many water treatment problems.
- IET’s EC Systems use a small amount of power. This cuts capital cost and operating costs substantially.
- IET’s EC Systems have a smaller footprint therefore requiring less floor space
- IET’s EC Systems use microprocessor technology. This gives the systems greater reliability, greater control capability, greater case of operation, and reduced maintenance and downtime.
- IET’s EC systems are available in a wide range of sizes, from a portable unit processing a few pints per minute to permanent installations with over 10,000 gallons per minute of capacity. IET’s EC technology has proven extremely effective in the following applications:
- The removal of heavy metals in the form of oxides that pass Toxic Characteristic Leaching Protocol (TCLP)
- The removal of arsenic
- The removal of suspended solids (TSS)
- The breaking of oil/water emulsions
- The removal of fats, oil and grease (FOG)
- The removal of complex organics
- The removal of pesticides
- The removal of bacteria, viruses and cysts
- Removal of coal fines and slurry from process water
- Replacement of chemical flocculants in water treatment plants
- Removal of suspended solids and contaminants in sewage gray water
- Waste water treatment to eliminate hog, cattle, and poultry sewage lagoons
- Pre-treatment of salt (brackish) water before RO filtration
- Removal of Metals from abatement lagoons and acid mine drainage (AMD) to neutralize pH and discoloration in mine leach ponds and discharges.
- Production of emergency drinking water from almost any ground water source