IET has a proven technology for the removal of ammonia from wastewater. The system uses a combination of chemical conditioning and biological treatment to convert dissolved ammonia into either a nitrate or nitrogen gas.
- Environmentally friendly system capable of reducing high concentrations of ammonia and nitrites.
- Completely automated and requires little supervision.
- No need to add carbon to sustain biological process.
- Small footprint compared to conventional biological treatment.
- Use of a vertically stabilized geotextile media allows for both aerobic and anaerobic environments.
- Modular design allows flexibility in the denitrification process.
- Fully monitored operation allows for easy system calibration and trend analysis.
- Operations flexibility provides the ability to adjust for fluctuating concentrations.
- Very low maintenance requirements.
- The resulting water is clear and free from the environmentally harmful contaminants that pollute the watershed.
IET’s ammonia system is a proven and effective method of removing dissolved ammonia from wastewater and providing environmentally safe water for discharge.