There are 4.8 billion disposed tires stockpiled in America today.
There are 3.79 million tires disposed of annually in America.
IET’s Waste Gasification / Thermal Oxidation (WG/TO) technology is perfectly suited to eliminate the problem of ever-increasing mountains formed from the disposal of tires.
With the ability to dispose of roughly 100 tires per ton of capacity, the WG/TO process offers significant environmental and financial benefits:
- Complete destruction of combustible materials, leaving only steel and inert ash product
- Ash (when processing tires alone) is approximately 30% industrial grade zinc oxide and can be easily recovered and marketed
- No harmful air emissions; NO SMOKE!
- Excess heat that can be easily recovered for other uses
- Eliminates infestation problems associated with stockpiled tires
- Very inexpensive operating costs (tire disposal facilities using the WG/TO process generate tremendous profits)
- No need for additional treatment of tires (no shredding or chopping necessary)
Please feel free to contact InREFco for more information regarding tire processing using the IET WG/TO process.